Strides to Success hosts a number of in-person learning opportunities each year. These immersive workshops are packed full of information that will help you elevate your EAL skills. From one-to-one training, group sessions, and hand-on learning, there are a variety of ways we work to teach core and advanced training in EAL. Take a look below at some of our in person workshops. Discounts available for groups!
Introduction to Personal Development in EAL
(Approved PATH Intl Micro-credential training for the Personal Development Specialty)
Friday June 7th-Saturday June 8th from 9:00AM EST to 4:00PM EST- Go here to register!
HorseWork Education is very excited to bring the workshop to you. It’s been many years in the making. Over the two days, we will help you advance your EAL Facilitator skills with coaching skills essential to personal development. This workshop will guide you through the first step in specializing in personal development in EAL and take your work with horses to a whole new level!! This course is approved to satisfy the requirement of a micro-credential for the PATH Intl Credentialed EAL Facilitator program. You do NOT have to have taken the Fundamentals of EAL prior to taking this course.
- Learn what coaching is and what it’s not
- Learn basic skills in coaching
- Communication, engagement and rapport
- Explore behavior change principles
- Gain hands on expereince in the application of those principles when working with equines
- Review client assessment, planning, application
- Walk away with activity design skills, ideas and hands on experience
- Next Steps to becoming a board certified coach
Introduction to Organizations in EAL
(Approved PATH Intl Micro-credential training for the Organization Specialty)
Friday July 12th to Saturday July 13th from 9:00AM EST to 4:00PM EST Go here to register!
HorseWork Education presents our newest addition to the workshop line up. Learn how to advance your skills supporting organizations through equine assisted learning. This workshop will guide you through the first step in specializing in organizational development in EAL and take your work with horses to a whole new level!! This course is approved to satisfy the requirement of a micro-credential for the PATH Intl Credentialed EAL Facilitator program. You do NOT have to have taken the Fundamentals of EAL prior to taking this course.
- Learn how to design and price a team building retreat
- Learn basic skills in leadership development and team building
- Leadership skills, HorseWork Model of Leadership, team building facilitation
- Explore organizational change principles
- Experience the hands on application of those principles when working with equines
- Take home tools for client engagement, assessment, planning, application
- Learn how to evaluate a corporate experience
ABC’s of School Programs
(Approved PATH Intl Micro-credential training for the Education Specialty)
The ABC’s workshops is one of Strides longest running workshops. This two day event will cover everything you need to partner with the school programs in your community. Participants will receive a copy of the ABC’s of school programs workbook.
- Identify the key people to approach in your school system.
- Explore how to design, implement, and evaluate evidence based programs.
- Develop a plan for funding and pricing school based programs
- Grow your tool box of activities and curriculum for developing essential life skills for school aged children.
- Develop a strategy to implement as soon as you get back home!
Strategies for Sustainability
– Friday August 23rd-Sunday 25th 2024 from 9:00AM EST to 4:00PM EST Go here to register!
For the last twenty years, our colleagues have looked to Strides for processes and techniques that can be duplicated to develop sustainable businesses. After this three-day experience, you will have a plan, the knowledge to build a program that meets a community need, know how to evaluate that program, and know how to keep your business from being vulnerable to unforeseen changes. The HorseWork program development model is what has kept Strides to Success running for so many years. Our methods are practical and while grounded in empirical evidence, are practical and easy to replicate. All our workshops are hands on and interactive with activity and curricula demonstrations and active discussion. Leave this workshop with a complete evaluation of your community needs and a basic plan to hit the ground running.
- Give each participant a comprehensive “how-to” guide for planning, implementing and evaluating programs that get funded.
- Provide participants with program forms, samples of lesson/session plans, evaluation methods, budgets, sample contracts, sample grants, and much more.
- Teach you how to position yourself in the community to connect with participants, partner organizations and funders.
- Explore how to provide diverse services that can follow community funding that will support your center financially.
Cost: $475 includes lunches & course materials sent to you.
Facilitators Debbie Anderson and Blair McKissock with special guest speakers.
Do you need hours to complete a certification, or are you the type of learner that just needs to step into the work and learn? Strides to Success is so excited to introduce a new opportunity to equine assisted professionals. This unique immersion experience was an exclusive training immersion only available to HorseWork trainees but has now been opened to all interested professionals. We get phone calls every day from professionals who are just starting out to those who are looking to learn more about what we do. Well, now you can! This condensed immersion program is a 4 day intensive program designed to give you a peak behind the curtain at Strides to Success and learn side by side with our fantastic staff. This is not for the faint of heart but is early mornings helping get the barn settled for the day, all day groups and one on one sessions with active clients, one on one time with Debbie and Blair and tucking the horses in bed at the end of the day. Learn more about our facilitation techniques in equine-assisted learning, learn how we partner with mental health professionals, how we work with groups ranging from schools, veterans to victims of trauma and more about the Strides business model. This opportunity is meant to be hands on but does not replace the HorseWork workshop content but rather, it shows you HOW it works. We don’t believe in operating in fish bowl and don’t allow “observers.” You will be part of the session. How much hands on horse time depends on your level of horse experience and certification status. This is considered a residential program, we have partner hotels where you can make arrangements. Our hotel partners will provide all transportation to and from the airport and to and from the barn daily, breakfast and dinner Mon-Thursday and a clean comfy bed to crash each night! Think about how much you can take back to your barn and apply.
Interested? Complete this application and check the four-day immersion option. We will reach out to you personally to help create a customized program experience.
It begins on a Monday and goes through Thursday depending on the time of year.
“I wish I had these learning opportunities when I first started my program! I had my basic certification but was hungry for practical and sound skills and business strategies in which to grow my business so I could actually make a living! ” Thank you to all the HorseWork instructors! I left the workshop and within one month, I had a contract with a school and had written two funded grants!: Top-notch instruction that gave me a college education in a nutshell!”