Purchase your course here. After your purchase is processed, you will receive an email back with a code that you will use to join the course. Courses can be started anytime and can be taken at your own pace. Assignments are moderated, and feedback is given as they are submitted. If you don’t receive a response within 48hrs of submitting your registration for the course, please contact us at 317-838-7002. Thank you!!
1) Course description/summary- The 15hr online introduction to equine assisted services is the gateway course for anyone looking for a place to start. By the end of the course, students can define equine assisted learning, define each of the specialty areas, discuss the theoretical foundations for the work, and demonstrate an understanding of the ethical implication of scope of work.
2) Duration of course: The course consists of 8 modules. The first module counts for one hour and the seven remaining modules are two hours each. The student can start and finish on there own time.
3) Learning objectives: Be able to define equine assisted learning, define equine assisted therapy, demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical framework for EALT, define the areas of specialty and how they are different, define the types of professional competencies required, demonstrate the ability to define the scope of work for each area and the consequences for operating outside the scope of work.
4) Speaker/Presenter bio(s) Blair McKissock and Debbie Anderson
5) Method of student evaluation (if applicable): Each module contains a quiz that upon completion, unlock the next module.