Making the Shift Equine Intensive
June 28th-30th 2017 –Register Now!!
Make the shift in your thinking to HorseWork! Explore the horse humans relationship through the horses point of view in the new workshop designed for those learning for facilitate therapy and learning sessions with horses. Learn how to recognize the questions that the horses are presenting to your clients and how to leverage the answers to support your sessions goals. This workshop is perfect for therapeutic riding instructors, equine specialists, mental health therapists and other professionals who want to learn how to leverage the very nature of the offerings from the horses that we partner with. This is your chance to deepen your knowledge of HorseWork and gain those skills that may not have been covered in other certifications and training. This workshop is all about the horse and focuses solely on working with horses in equine assisted learning and therapy. Register now!
Come join us for a three day training that will change the way you work with your horses. We will cover the following topics:
- Overview of the foundation theory of equine assisted learning/therapy
- Learn about the nature of the horse in equine assisted learning and therapy
- Understanding your role as the equine specialist
- Horse behavior and herd dynamics and how they apply to direct services to clients
- Evaluating horses for EAL/EFP suitability
- Strategies for leveraging the horses input in EAL/T programs
- Designing purposeful environments for both horses and clients
- Shifting from skill development to relationship building and social skills
- Utilizing natural horsemanship as a gateway for EAL/T
- Creating a positive and safe learning environment
- Understanding and acknowledging the horse’s point of view
- Ethical ground activities from the horse’s perspective
- Pairing horses with clients
- Managing a strength-based relationship in a session
- Refreshing your horses enthusiasm to partner with humans!
- De-sensitizing OR igniting courage and trust
- Ethical challenges
This ground based approach taps into the natural and playful attributes of horses to help clients learn essential life skills, problem solving techniques, heightened awareness of their actions and the actions of others. This learning opportunity will guide you through the process of observing a horse- human relationship that stimulates new learning in humans.
EAL (equine assisted learning) can open the door for a whole new approach to your program. Learning to play with horses, can offer a refreshing change for your herd while providing your business with the ability to serve a more diverse population. Learn how to facilitate ground activities that can empower clients to discover their own strengths and talents utilizing experiential education, coaching and leadership development models. Participants will leave the workshop with a clear vision of how to work with horses in an EAL/T setting. Because you love what you do, HorseWork Education wants to expand your knowledge to help you make a living, doing what you love!
“I wish I had these learning opportunities when I first started my program! I had my basic certification but was hungry for practical and sound skills and business strategies in which to grow my business so I could actually make a living! ” Thank you to all the HorseWork instructors! I left the workshop and within one month, I had a contract with a school and had written two funded grants!: Top notch instruction that gave me a college education in a nutshell!”