September 20th-23rd, 2017. Register now as spots fill up fast!
HorseWork Education is very excited to offer this training that will provide you the opportunity to advance your facilitation skills. This intensive training is solely focused on facilitation techniques essential to equine assisted learning and therapy (EAL/T) practice. Over the four days we will cover:
- Theoretical foundations and developing the language to talk about EAL/T
- Foundation of experiential education
- What is the difference between facilitation and instruction
- Facilitation practice, feedback, and direct experience
- Activities purposefully designed to benefit different populations
- Designing activities from the horses point of view
- Understanding competencies and scope of work
- Understanding how to shift the energy of both clients and horses
- Understanding the roles when facilitating solo or with a education, mental health or professional development professional
- Practice sessions suited for an educational setting, mental health setting and a corporate training setting.
You will also receive many additional resources, activities and ideas to apply as soon as you get home. By the time the training is over, you will have a firm understanding of the foundations of equine assisted learning and therapy. You will also have experienced facilitating in an education, coaching and a corporate environment.
This training is great for advanced equine specialist, therapeutic riding instructors, teachers, mental health providers and other professionals that are interested in providing equine assisted learning.
This training is approved for the following PATH CEUs:
- ES-MH/L Core- 34 credits
- Disability Education-34 credits
There is nothing more frustrating with paying a lot of hard earned money for a workshop and leave not really feeling you can go and do the work! We make certain that you can hit the ground running with all the practical tools, resources and new skills you need. This workshop also includes one on one coaching time with Debbie or Blair to address your specific questions. If you have any questions about this workshop, contact us for more information. We are happy to help and offer discounts for people who sign up together. Or if you are ready to register you can register and pay online.