Why does Strides use volunteers?
Strides to Success is a non-profit organization and like many non-profits, we cannot afford a large staff. Therefore, we rely on volunteers to help keep things running. Volunteers help with many different tasks at the barn. Sometimes due to the nature of our clientele and programming, we are often unable to use volunteers during lessons. However, there is always something that we can use help with. We are also proud to be a Presidential Volunteer Service Award organization. You can download our informational PDF to learn more.
What do you do as a volunteer?
Our volunteers perform many tasks, including:
- Caring for the horses by grooming and feeding them
- Cleaning out stalls, pastures, and the arenas
- Keeping the offices and classrooms clean
- Helping with our lessons by leading the horses and side-walking with the clients
- Helping with special events like training workshops, girl scout events and other activities
What kind of time commitment does a volunteer invest?
Some of our volunteers are at Strides every week; some are only able to help with special events. We welcome any time you can give us!
Who can volunteer?
In order to comply with the regulations of our certifying organization (PATH), all Strides volunteers must be over 14 years old and must pass a police background check.